Home and Away Ministries is inspired by the Gospel to provide free primary healthcare services to Polk and Burnett County residents with low resources. This includes both the uninsured and the underinsured. We will provide medical and social services that promote dignity in the people being served. We are a 501C3 non-profit, and we are not affiliated with any denomination. Our mission is to serve the whole community, regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
Our Health & Wellness Services focus on preventive care and education. Currently our Clinic provides services on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month. These services include:
- Referral Services – referrals for meeting basic needs and all wellness needs, physical, emotional, spiritual
- Patient Support Services – blood pressure, temperature, pulse; discuss health concerns with a doctor or nurse practitioner; suggest treatment options
- Interpretation of lab work – doctor will review and explain the results of lab work, suggest treatment options
- Patient Prescription Services – a doctor will prescribe nonscheduled / non-narcotics, health professionals will assist with completing applications for low cost or no cost medications
Throughout the year, we will hold educational presentations on various topics, such as:
Services not provided:
- Referral for Workman’s Compensation cases, Social Security Disability, Commercial Driver’s License evaluations
- STD / AIDS testing
- Prescribing or dispensing of controlled/scheduled substances – no narcotics
- Specialty care (OB/GYN, oncology, chronic pain, back x-rays)
To Schedule An Appointment Please Contact Us At 715-472-7770.